Don’t go out and spend a lot of money!
You need and you probably already have some of it:
- Running Shoes (a decent pair of trainers will do to start with)
- Shorts for when its nice
- Tracksuit bottoms when its cold or Lycra tights
- T-Shirt or vest (best to get synthetic fiber – cotton gets soaked in sweat)
- Sports bra for the ladies
- Long sleeve top for when its cold
- Light weight jacket for rain protection
- Water bottle (you can leave this in your car until we start running further)
- If it is strong sunlight then lots of sun cream
You want to be as comfortable as possible.
Places like Aldi do good kit such as shorts, t-shirts, vests and light weight coats. Don’t recommend their trainers.
If its above 10 degrees then you will likely want to remove layers after you have warmed up.