The next beginners course will start on 12 May 2020 (class room induction evening 5 May 2020) – The total cost will be £20 for the 9 week beginners course.
For complete beginners we offer 9 week course to get you from couch to 5k, this course is led by qualified Run Leaders and coaches. The course is designed to be fun 🙂 If you know anyone who might be interested please let them know about the course.
- Professional coaching by our trained insured run leaders
- Social events to attend with your new extended running family and friends
- You will get a Club Buff included in the price
- Upon completion of the course you will get a framed certificate
- You have the option at the end of the course of taking part in the Doncaster Town Center 5k at a large discounted price which includes a memento running vest
- We are the biggest and best running group in the area, we are entirely run by volunteers for the benefit of you 🙂
The course will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Doncaster Athletic Club at, warming up at 5:55 and the run starts 6pm, which is located at the Keepmoat Stadium, Lakeside, Doncaster. The course is very gentle and by the end of it, in only 9 weeks you will be able to run for 5km or 30 minutes. Anyone aged 15 years and over is welcome to join us. After the 9 weeks you will be given the opportunity to join the club at the discounted rate of £25 and keep running with us until 2021.
We believe that the package we are offering offers great value for money. The nine week course costs £20. We currently have 18 run leaders to help you every step of the way.
The Doncaster Pacers specialise in beginner runners and to ensure you get the best support potable we limit our beginners courses to 2 each year, this is so when the beginners graduate we then put all our resources into helping them develop further to join our intermediate groups.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place. Or fill in the below form.
January 2020 beginner, Marian said after finishing her fist parkrun 14 March:
“Well Flippin eck! Who’d have believed it!
If anyone had said ,8 weeks ago, you’ll be running 3.25 miles & no walking I’d have said “no chance 😂”, but with the fabulous folk of the club, all of their support, encouragement & friendliness over the last few weeks we have , unbelievably, completed our first Park Run at Sandal Park. (& social last night).
So if anyone says they couldn’t….. these guys will get you to the 5k.
1. I didn’t think I could do it for health reasons.
2. I didn’t think I could do it – lack
of dedication. ( tried so many times before & only got up to week 2).
3. Didn’t think I could do it!
Thanks sooooo much to you all- what a great bunch! “
- HEALTH BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH RUNNING
- USE YOUR PHONE TO HELP YOU TRAIN
- WHAT KIT DO I NEED?
- 9 WEEK BEGINNER RUN PLAN
- GRADUATES 8 WEEK PLAN
All those who join will get continuing support from our team as long as you want to run with the Doncaster Pacers.
- We all know that exercise is good for us and running is the perfect way to take advantage of the many health and well being benefits at times to suit you. You will meet lots of new friends and feel great.
- Great training facilities, changing rooms, free car and cycle parking, coffee shop, showers, social events, social media links
- We are Clubmark accredited (and have been for several years) which means we have developed our club to be a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place ensuring the welfare of our members and encourages everyone to enjoy sport.
- Great value for money – try comparing us to other sports and fitness clubs in the area who offer facilities to the our standard.
- The course is run by UKA trained coaches and Leaders in Running Fitness who are all experienced runners and carry full UKA insurance cover.
- Regular social events.
- Special “Treat Runs”, you will have to join us to find out more!
- Come and make lots of new friends! 🙂
We have a Closed Facebook group, please ask us to add you to it.
You need to come dressed in comfortable loose clothing and proper road running shoes. We can give advise regarding footwear. Keep warm, wear multiple layers (you can always remove a layer if you get hot). A hat and gloves are recommended on cold nights. Light waterproof jackets may be required on occasion.
If you want to use our changing and shower facilities then you will need some bathroom kit.
Places are limited so to ensure you can take part on the course please get your name down, to register or to ask any questions please fill in the below form.
You can give Rose a ring on 07856 409994 if you want to have a chat about the course.