The next beginners course will start on 21 January 2020 (induction evening 14 January 2020) – The total cost will be £60, this includes membership until January 2021 and we pay £18 to UK Athletics / Northern Athletics out of your fee to support our sport. We even bake treats for you! All funds go to supporting the junior members at Doncaster Athletic Club and you.
For complete beginners we offer 9 week course to get you from couch to 5k, this course is led by qualified “run leaders” and coaches. The course is designed to be fun 🙂 and is lead by lots of qualified Run Leaders as other coaches and runners, If you know anyone who might be interested please let them know about the course.
The course will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Doncaster Athletic Club at, warming up at 5:55 and the run starts 6pm, which is located at the Keepmoat Stadium, Lakeside, Doncaster. The course is very gentle and by the end of it, in only 9 weeks you will be able to run for 5km or 30 minutes. Anyone aged 15 years and over is welcome to join us. After the 9 weeks you become graduates and we continue to build you up so you can run for around 1 hour.
We believe that the package we are offering offers great value for money. The nine week course costs £60 and for this you get to run with us until the end of 2020. We currently have 18 run leaders to help you every step of the way. We also pay your registration fee worth £16 (out of the £60 membership fee) to UK Athletics and £2 to Northern Athletics which gives you lots of benefits.
The Doncaster Pacers specialise in beginner runners and to ensure you get the best support potable we limit our beginners courses to 2 each year, this is so when the beginners graduate we then put all our resources into helping them develop further to join our intermediate groups.
You can email us at email@example.com to reserve a place. Or fill in the below form.
- HEALTH BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH RUNNING
- USE YOUR PHONE TO HELP YOU TRAIN
- WHAT KIT DO I NEED?
- 9 WEEK BEGINNER RUN PLAN
- GRADUATES 8 WEEK PLAN
All those who join will get continuing support from our team as long as you want to run with the Doncaster Pacers.
- We all know that exercise is good for us and running is the perfect way to take advantage of the many health and well being benefits at times to suit you. You will meet lots of new friends and feel great.
- Great training facilities, changing rooms with coin operated lockers, free car and cycle parking, coffee shop, showers, social events, social media links
- We are Clubmark accredited (and have been for several years) which means we have developed our club to be a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place ensuring the welfare of our members and encourages everyone to enjoy sport.
- Upon completion of the course you will all receive a certificate.
- Individual Training Plans, just ask
- Great value for money – try comparing us to other sports and fitness clubs in the area who offer facilities to the our standard.
- The course is run by UKA trained coaches and Leaders in Running Fitness who are all experienced runners and carry full UKA insurance cover.
- Regular social events.
- Special “Treat Runs”, you will have to join us to find out more!
- Come and make lots of new friends! 🙂
We will include training plans to motivate you, advice on nutrition, injury prevention, help you find suitable footware for running and show you how to use your phone to record your runs and the latest technology such as GPS watches.
We have a Closed Facebook group, please ask us to add you to it.
You need to come dressed in comfortable loose clothing and proper road running shoes. We can give advise regarding footwear. Keep warm, wear multiple layers (you can always remove a layer if you get hot). A hat and gloves are recommended on cold nights. Light waterproof jackets may be required on occasion.
If you want to use our changing and shower facilities then you will need some bathroom kit.
Places are limited so to ensure you can take part on the course please get your name down, to register or to ask any questions please fill in the below form.
You can give Rose a ring on 07856 409994 if you want to have a chat about the course.