The next beginners course will start on 31 January 2023 (class room induction evening 24 January 2023) – The total cost will be Nothing – Its FREE for the 9 week beginners course.
The Doncaster Pacers specialise in beginner runners and to ensure you get the best support possible we limit our beginners courses to 2 each year, this is so when the beginners graduate we then put all our resources into helping them develop further to join our intermediate groups.
You can email us at email@example.com to reserve a place.
January 2020 beginner, Marian said after finishing her fist parkrun 14 March:
“Well Flippin eck! Who’d have believed it!
If anyone had said ,8 weeks ago, you’ll be running 3.25 miles & no walking I’d have said “no chance ?”, but with the fabulous folk of the club, all of their support, encouragement & friendliness over the last few weeks we have , unbelievably, completed our first Park Run at Sandal Park. (& social last night).
So if anyone says they couldn’t….. these guys will get you to the 5k.
1. I didn’t think I could do it for health reasons.
2. I didn’t think I could do it – lack
of dedication. ( tried so many times before & only got up to week 2).
3. Didn’t think I could do it!
Thanks sooooo much to you all- what a great bunch! “
- HEALTH BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH RUNNING
- USE YOUR PHONE TO HELP YOU TRAIN
- WHAT KIT DO I NEED?
- 9 WEEK BEGINNER RUN PLAN
- GRADUATES 8 WEEK PLAN
All those who join will get continuing support from our team as long as you want to run with the Doncaster Pacers.
- We all know that exercise is good for us and running is the perfect way to take advantage of the many health and well being benefits at times to suit you. You will meet lots of new friends and feel great.
- Great training facilities, changing rooms, free car and cycle parking, coffee shop, showers, social events, social media links
- We are Clubmark accredited (and have been for several years) which means we have developed our club to be a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place ensuring the welfare of our members and encourages everyone to enjoy sport.
- Great value for money – try comparing us to other sports and fitness clubs in the area who offer facilities to our standard.
- The course is run by UKA trained coaches and Leaders in Running Fitness who are all experienced runners and carry full UKA insurance cover.
- Regular social events.
- Special “Treat Runs”, you will have to join us to find out more!
- Come and make lots of new friends! ?
We have a Closed Facebook group, please ask us to add you to it.
You need to come dressed in comfortable loose clothing and proper road running shoes. We can give advice regarding footwear. Keep warm, wear multiple layers (you can always remove a layer if you get hot). A hat and gloves are recommended on cold nights. Light waterproof jackets may be required on occasion.
If you want to use our changing and shower facilities then you will need some bathroom kit.